Veterans Legal Services Clinic
** Registration is now OPEN for the August 2, 2016 Veterans Legal Services Clinic in Hampton **
Attorney General Mark R. Herring is committed to supporting veterans who have risked their lives to protect the freedom Virginians and Americans enjoy each and every day. He is proud to announce the Office of the Attorney General’s very first pro bono veterans legal services clinic to help veterans create important legal documents including:
- Powers of attorney
- Advanced medical directives
The clinics, in conjunction with the Virginia Department of Veterans Services and the Virginia State Bar, are available to veterans and their partners.
To learn more about Attorney General Herring’s veteran initiatives, click here.
- In order to participate, you must be a veteran or the spouse/partner of a veteran.
- You must have a DD214 (Report of Separation or some other official document evidencing military service).
- You must be a Virginia resident.
- This program is designed to offer simple Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Advance Medical Directives – it is not designed to provide tax, estate or succession planning.
- Your income, assets, expenses and geographic location must demonstrate that you do not have access to readily available attorney representation for estate planning and are therefore eligible to receive pro bono (free) legal services.
- In order to be considered for the clinic, you must fill out the questionnaire in its entirety (link below). A representative from the clinic will contact you over the following weeks.
- All clinics are appointment only (no walk ups) and will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis
- If you and your spouse/partner would both like to request an appointment, you must both complete intake questionnaires
- Please bring photo ID and DD214 (or some other official document evidencing military service) to your appointment
- You may also download a questionnaire and return it by mail to:
Office of the Attorney General - Veterans Legal Services Clinic
202 North Ninth Street
Richmond, VA 23219
- Space is limited, apply today!
Clinic Information & Registration
Please sign-up below if you would like to receive services at a clinic, or to be notified when more clinics are scheduled in your area.
Registration is now OPEN for the August 2, 2016 Veterans Legal Services Clinic in Hampton.
|Next Clinic: Tuesday, August 2, 2016||Time: TBD|
Location: Thomas Nelson Community College