The Virginia Office of the Attorney General is seeking a qualified Senior IT Support Specialist to join its Information Systems Section. We offer the challenge and opportunity of public service, work-life balance, and an attractive compensation package inclusive of paid time off, paid holidays, health/dental/life insurance, retirement and more.
SENIOR IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (00318)
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATION DIVISION
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECTION
DUTIES: Under direct supervision of the Deputy Director of Information Systems, the Senior IT Support Specialist will be responsible for providing leadership to the IT support team and maintaining the technical aspects of the end user desktop computing environment. Other duties of the position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Administration of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2012 SP1) infrastructure (Application/software deployments, OSD, scripting for collections and SCCM 2012 Queries and SQL Queries
- Responsible for the definition, development, maintenance, support and documentation of the Windows client image
- Test and certify new applications and application changes to confirm that they meet the OAG’s technology standards and do not conflict with existing applications or services.
- Maintain consistent laptop, desktop, and software standards
- Create, change and delete user accounts in Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Cisco phone system
- Create and maintain systems documentation for testing and validation
- Provide leadership and guidance to IT Support team
- Monitor support tickets and prioritize problems based on business impact
- Handle Tier 2 and Tier 3 end user support requests (including but not limited to copier/printer, phone, software support)
- Maintain and manage conference room equipment and press conferences
- Continue personal development and education to remain informed of current industry development and technologies
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot issues
- Follow department procedures and protocols for troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Use of a wide range of software applications and tools to diagnose and resolve issues
- Work closely with other Information Systems members to fulfill end-user needs
- Assist other team members with project tasks as assigned
- Build and maintain positive relationships with vendors, OAG employees, and IS team members
- Performs other duties as assigned with the ability to sometimes work evening/weekends and also be available on an on-call basis
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a technology focused major or at least five years of related working experience. Microsoft Systems Administration/System Engineer or A+ certification is a plus. Strong experience with workstation imaging using automated tools SCCM, OSD, MDT along with experience with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, GPO creation, etc. Candidates must possess good interpersonal, customer support, verbal and technical writing skills and be a self-starter with ability to achieve deadline driven priorities is essential. Candidates must have the ability to collaborate and work in a team environment; exhibit professional initiative and self-direction; be able to lift 50 pounds and have the ability to move desktop hardware and the willingness and ability to document knowledge and share with others is required. Strong communication skills and the creativity as a problem solver is a must. Must have a passion for new technologies, motivation and time management skills and attention to detail.
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen, possess a U.S. Work Permit or have Permanent Residency.
SALARY: This is a salaried, exempt position with full state benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.virginia.gov. Veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER